Here are just a few reasons why you should stage your home before you put it on the market.
1. Buyers are looking for that emotional connection. If your house evokes pleasant emotions, you are much more likely to sell your house. Stagers know how to make a home appeal the emotions of the potential buyers.
2. Stagers know the demographic of the target market and will stage your house accordingly.
3. The vast majority of buyers today are looking for a move in ready home. They don’t want to paint, repair or update anything….and according to recent surveys, they are willing to pay more for a move-in ready home.
4. Offers are based on the perceived value of the home. If your home is staged it will be perceived by the buyers as a better value than the comparable house down the street which is vacant or is occupied but not staged.
5. You have only one chance to make a good first impression. If you stage your home AFTER it has been on the market for a while, you have lost a huge proportion of the potential buyers (likely the most interested ones), because they have already seen it and are unlikely to come back again just because it has been staged.
6. Statistics by RESA and HomeGain have consistently shown that staged homes sell in half the time as a comparable un-staged home and usually for 6-17% more money.
7. There are lots of houses out there for buyers to buy, so you must outshine the competition to compete successfully.
8. You will save a lot of stress and time and money if a stager works with you to get your house sold quickly for top dollar.
9. The fees paid to a stager will not exceed the necessary price reduction if you don’t stage first. Often, the reduction will be at least $5000 and sometimes $10,000 or more. For most homes, that is far more than what you would pay to stage your home.
10. A stager can take a load off your shoulders…you can rest assured that your house is showing to its best potential and prepared in such a way that it will appeal to the majority of the target market.
HOMESTYLING BY CATHY